The Magic Eight Ball
Adrienne collects magic eight balls, so this one is for her. Hi Adrienne!
And now, an insidious magic item for your campaign:
That Accursed Eight Ball
The Magic Eight Ball is an item with a storied history, associated with great successes and mishaps throughout history.
When you consult the Magic Eight Ball about some action, roll 1d8.
- "Outlook Bad" Receive -1 to your next dice roll
- "Yes" Character receives +1 to dice rolls as though under the effect of a bless spell
- "No" The next significant action the PCs attempt will fail if it is at all reasonable for failure to occur.
- "Absolutely" The next time the PCs attempt something dangerous, their attempt will fail in an unreasonable and apparently random fashion, as though someone had cast a wish spell to bring the failure about.
- "Death" The consulting character immediately drops to 0 HP.
- "Kaboom" The Eight Ball explodes, causing 3d6 to anyone close. The Eight Ball will appear again in another dungeon 1d100 miles away soon after.
- "Answer unclear" Nothing happens. For the next 1d20 hours, this is the only answer that can be obtained from the Eight Ball
- "Ask again" Character receives -1 (cumulative) to next dice roll, plus effects of any future Eight Ball rolls.