The Purple Worm Graveyard
What happens when you read those weird, squiggly inscriptions written along the bottom of that wall? What if you kneel in front of the altar of light and let what comes, come? And when you try to cast that really hard spell and it goes horribly wrong?
You open your mind to the worm god. The worm god is an ancient chaotic entity whose domains include destruction, decay, hunger, compost, and gardening.
Roll 2D6 plus your CON hit point bonus.
- On a 10+, your mind is in contact with the Worm god and it shows you what you want then offers you a bargain or a gift.
- On a 7-9, you receive a true impression or vision of what you're interested in, but then suffer a temporary insanity.
- On a 6 or less, the DM decides what happens.
- Fall on your hands and knees and start eating dirt voraciously for 1-4 rounds
- Projectile vomiting for several minutes
- You realize that somewhere, somehow, there's a worm in your body. You can feel it, but you can't tell where it is.
- The Worm god has a command for you, and he's watching to make sure you carry it out!
This is a little tidbit from the con scenario that I ran and Sage ran at Go Play NW. Opening your mind to the Worm god is fun!